ACTIVITIES & STRATEGIES
The Foundations mode of operation is guided by some structured programmes and activities which are considered strategic to achieving and meeting the aims and objectives of the organization. These activities are:
- Field contact
- Skills acquisition
- Capacity building
- HIV /AIDS education
- Seminars & workshop on Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH)
- Preventive Drug Education (PDE)
Since 1994, the Foundation has been engaged in creating awareness on the dangers of sexual abuse and misused to teenage girls, women and men on the street. Those girls/women willing to leave the street are taken off and are taught moral instructions and education on the dangers and vulnerability they are subjected to on the streets so they could make better choices not to go back. DOAF provides them with alternative shelter, clothing, and food, build their capacity to make reasonable choices and also economic trades that can earn them means of livelihood. The process of total rehabilitation starts with moral instructions, making them understand their identity and place of pride as a woman and recognizing God’s plan for their life. Giving them hope that they can earn a livelihood outside the degrading occupation of commercial sex, and be re-integrated into the society that once despised themwith hope of a prosperous future. The Foundation has collaborated with numerous Government agencies, charity organizations and ecclesial bodies in carrying out her activities
Between 1994 and 2018 thousands of people were affected by the Foundation in Plateau, Kaduna, Niger, Nasarawa states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja through her outreaches, workshops, seminars, school visits, campaigns and rehabilitation.
- School visits: The Foundation has carried out campaigns against pre-marital sex and the reality of HIV / AIDS to secondary schools and Tertiary institutions among which are: Federal Government Girls College Bwari, Government Secondary Schools Garki, Bwari, Dutse, Kuje, Yangoje, in the FCT; Federal Government College Langtang Plateau State, Government Secondary School Kuryas, Government Girls Science School Kwoi in Kaduna state and University of Abuja. Over 100,000 students and street people were reached.
- Campaigns: DOAF in collaboration with some organizations/agencies have carried out sensitizations and awareness campaigns in DOAF’s thematic areas.
- Outreach/crusade: The Foundation uses this medium in reaching out to multitudes. In Suleija Old barracks in Niger State, similar activities took place in AdoNassarawa state,Gwa-gwa,AngwaTiv in Old karu, Nyanya, kpana village, DakiBiyu, Dakwo community all in FCT Abuja, Langtang market square in plateau state among others. Many people took life changing decisions to quit old habit and some were trained and rehabilitated in the Foundations facility.
- Workshops / Seminars: DOAF organizes seminar/workshop on parental obligations, raising Godly children, economic skill empowerment and much more to combat hardship and unemployment in the society. Skills taught and learned were liquid soap making, tie & dye, beading, pastry and homemade drinks and perfumery.
- Advocacy and Community Mobilization –The Foundation also organizes workshops on women empowerment and poverty eradication, participants are trained in quick skills like beads making, hat making and baking etc.
- Additional vocational skill
- Building of Kitchen and Dining Hall for the Daughters
- Gender Base Violence awareness in communities and schools
- Stakeholders dinner